It was bitterly cold at work and my boots were damp from shifting snow the previous day. Even with three pairs of socks on my feet were freezing cold by lunchtime due to the dampness that had penetrated to my feet. It was off with the boots and feet up next to eh electric barred fire that we had, normally used to turn out bread into toast. Whilst my feet and socks were warming up my boots were put on top of the metal grates surround of the fire. I then fell asleep as my socks steamed away on my feet only to wake up form the sound of hissing. This was caused my the rubber soles of my boots melting and the drips of rubber igniting with fire onto the electric bar elements. I quickly removed them and dipped them in a bucket of water. Not only were my boots ruined but I had to wear someone else's trainer after lunch and put up with the smell of burning rubber all afternoon. My boot were put into the wood-burner as fuel to keep warm in another room as they were no good for anything else now.
Slow Cooker Farina (Cream of Wheat)
5 days ago