I was transporting some lettuce seedling form the house to the city farm and they were on the back of my bicycle in yoghurt cartons. The roads in Yambol are very bad and lots of pot holes and cobblestoned road give a rough ride for all vehicles not least a bicycle. By the time I had got there 70% of the seedling had been battered to death. The remaining 30% were planted and it remains to be seen whether they survive. 2 months of growing with tender love and care wasted.
Image by kerryj.com via Flickr